Careers at Renaissance Villages
It takes a village, now hiring local senior caregivers at one of our two senior living communities in the Murrieta. We have two senior living communities in the Murrieta and Moreno Valley areas that offer services and we’re always looking to add more staff to our Renaissance Village Family. Have a passion for making great days for seniors? We do too! We encourage you to apply to work with Renaissance Villages. We have several positions available. Look at the job listings below and submit your application and resume. If you would like to volunteer, please visit our volunteers page.
Wellness Director – Murrieta, CA
Working in accordance with established Policies and Procedures and State Regulations, oversees and manages the residents’ health and wellness issues and assigned staff delivery of assisted living (and memory care health) services.
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and freedom from tuberculosis hall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days following employment.
- Have current Adult First Aid card at time of employment and maintain throughout length of employment.
- Must maintain current registered nursing license.
- Three (3) to five (5) years in a nurse management or supervisory role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical expertise in nursing.
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills to include interviewing, hiring, providing guidance, training and when necessary administering disciplinary action to include complete written documentation as per P&P.
- Practices sound employment practices by adhering to all Morningside P&Ps and standards, local, federal and state regulations and employment laws.
- Must perform all duties in adherence of established policies and procedures.
- Exhibits excellent customer service and follow-through, communication and teamwork, safety practices, attendance and punctuality, adherence to company standards and strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Must show ability to make sound judgements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to speak and write effectively in English.
- Must exhibit ability to interact positively with a caring, nurturing and professional attitude.
- Commitment and adherence to company values and policies.
- Basic computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to put into practice Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) and DSS regulations for assisted living facilities.
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, time management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must adhere to confidentiality procedures to insure HIPAA and Renaissance Village standards are met or exceeded at all times and ensures compliance of staff.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Oversees all day to day functions of health and wellness department to include resident care and personnel.
- Must adhere and lead staff to adhere to exceed established Policies and Procedures (P&P), Renaissance Village Standards, regulatory practices, and state and federal regulations for assisted living facilities.
- Serves as the nursing representative to state and county licensing agencies.
- Supervises health and wellness staff as assigned to include: hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary issues, orientations and ongoing training.
- Assisted in the development and implementations of nursing policy in consultation with administration.
- Professionally assists marketing department with community tours, exhibits excellent customer service skills in dealing with prospective residents and their families both in person and on the telephone.
- Directly responsible for oversight and completion of all requests for assessments to determine admission eligibility.
- Ensures residents meet criteria for admission/readmission eligibility based on regulatory guidelines and Renaissance Village Policies and Procedures (P&P).
- Notifies Executive Director of any resident who does not meet criteria for admission to seek approval to deny.
- Assesses new residents and enters assessment results into Renaissance Village’s approved computerized system to determine Level of Service (LOS) fees and develops service plan.
- Ensures completion of state level of care on admission and all pre-admission and admission requirements have been met according to all regulatory guidelines and P&P.
- In conjunction with Executive Director (ED), reviews initial LOS needs and service plan with family prior to or at time of contract execution.
- Meets with resident and family or Power of Attorney (POA) designee after thirty (30) days of admission to review service plan and makes any necessary changes.
- Participates in review of service plan with ED, resident and or/POA every six (6) months or sooner if there is a significant change in resident’s condition.
- Notifies ED for every LOS change and participates in service plan meeting scheduled by ED or designee.
- Responsible for ongoing management of current residents to include completion of routine wellness visits, monitoring changes in residents’ health status, verification of physician orders both written and verbal and ensures signatures are obtained per regulatory complinance.
- Transcribes to Medication Administration Record (MAR)/Treatment Administration Record (TAR)
- Faxes all medication orders to pharmacy.
- Ensures that all medication is available for administration.
- Communicates with family/POA/physician on residents’ condition and changes in status, unexpected occurrences and communicates same with staff via change in status log and Shift Supervisor report and all other required documentation.
- Documents all orders and changes in residents’ health record.
- Monitors MARs weekly and oversees processing of all verbal and written physician orders for compliance.
- Ensures narcotic count is accurate at all times and completes medication audits using approved form per P&P.
- Assures completion and accuracy of monthly change-over of POSs/MARs/TARs and notification, communication, and follow-up to physician of pharmacy recommendations as directed and in accordance with P&P.
- Oversees adequate supply and maintenance of all equipment and supplies to ensure that all functions related to resident care and operations of department are as an optimal level at all times.
- Ensures that all individual residents’ medical equipment and related supplies are available and functional at all times (i.e. individual glucometer and associated strips, safety syringes and safety lancets) and community equipment such as sharps containers, thermometer, blood pressure cuff, and stethoscope are available and in working order.
- Must be knowledgeable with all aspects of billing and ordering for residents and facility to include treatment charges, incontinence needs (Freedom Program) and procedural reporting of changing needs to ED and POA.
- Collects and reviews all event reports to include initiation, documentation and follow-through in accordance with P&P and company standard for Quality Assurance (QA) and Risk Management (RM) purposes and acts as QA/RM leader in community.
- Ensures adequate trained staff are on duty at all times and notifies ED for approval of overtime if necessary.
- Supervises assignment, tacking and ongoing maintenance for all department equipment to include walkie-talkies, pagers and resident room keys.
- Oversees staff training and full compliance in all areas to include fire drills/evacuations/ disaster protocol and infection control as per company P&P and state regulation.
- Ensures safe evacuation of all residents and staff in an emergency.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff adhere to established safety procedures and OSHA recommendations and requirements and participates in Safety Committee.
- Liaison with health and wellness staff on schedules.
- Attends all community and administration meetings as requested including, but not limited to, service plan, level of service, department, resident council, monthly health and wellness and “stand-up”.
- Assists and coordinates the development and on-going training for all nursing staff to maintain or exceed compliance with Morningside Standards, P&P, and state and federal regulation.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty rotation.
- Other duties as directed.
In a typical (8) hour shift, the Wellness Director will routinely be required to stoop, carry, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, climb, grip, reach, push and pull. The Wellness Director will also occasionally be required to lift overhead, waist high and floor level. The maximum lift will be over (50) pounds. The Wellness Director will also be required to use fine motor and manual dexterity skills in writing, keyboarding and grasping.