Careers at Renaissance Villages
If you know your way around a kitchen and this cook job description fits you, please apply to Renaissance Village as we currently seeking to expand our culinary team. It does take a village to keep Renaissance Villages running. We have two senior living communities in the Murrieta and Moreno Valley areas that offer services and we’re always looking to add more staff to our family. Have a passion for making great days for seniors? We do too! We encourage you to apply to work with Renaissance Villages. We have several positions available. Look at the job listings below and submit your application and resume. If you would like to volunteer, please visit our volunteers page.
Line Cook Job Description – Murrieta, CA
Responsibilities include coordinating, and participating in food production while following an established menu, standardized recipes, safety/sanitation procedures, and food distribution time schedules. The role requires substantive interaction with residents, families, managers and staff from other departments.
- Be at least (18) years of age.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within (7) days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Possess a current Food Handlers Card as specified per the Department of Health.
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Has demonstrated skills, knowledge and competency in the areas of leadership, training and supervision.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills with other members of management, professional and support staff are also required.
- Completion of formal culinary, food service or restaurant training or an equivalent amount of full-time supervisory or management-level work experience.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare menus, meals and snacks.
- Oversee all persons assisting with food service.
- Assures that menu items ingredients meet standards for quality, wholesomeness, and quantity.
- Provides creative menu planning, implementation and ensures all standardized recipes are followed as they are written.
- Utilizes sound food handling practices for the storage and preparation for each menu item.
- Maintains a strict “clean as you” policy for self and staff, ensuring a clean, professional work environment.
- Maintains an effective and efficient inventory control system.
- Ensure proper food storage including dating and appropriate temperatures.
- Schedules daily prep and production lists.
- Monitors all equipment for correct operation. Ensures that all preventative maintenance tasks are completed on schedule. Arranges repair through approved vendors when equipment malfunctions.
- Coordinates the next day’s food production needs, pulling and thawing frozen items in a timely manner.
- Provided therapeutically correct food items for special diets.
- Ensures the completion of temperature and meal record logs, and participates in taste testing and temperature recording.
- Reports any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personal Policies.
In a typical day, the Cook will routinely be required to stoop, carry, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, climb, grip, reach, drive, push and pull. The Cook will also occasionally be required to use fine motor and manual dexterity skills in writing, keyboarding and grasping. The Cook is also required to use a phone, use standard office equipment including a computer and operate company vehicles.