Careers at Renaissance Villages
It does take a village to keep Renaissance Villages running. We have two senior living communities in the Murrieta and Moreno Valley areas that offer services and we’re always looking to add more staff to our family. Have a passion for making great days for seniors? We do too! We encourage you to apply to work with Renaissance Villages. We have several positions available. Look at the job listings below and submit your application and resume. If you would like to volunteer, please visit our volunteers page.
Housekeeper – Moreno Valley, CA
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age;
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English at a minimum of an 8th grade proficiency.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess sufficient computer skills to be able to print documents and enter information into resident records.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform the following housekeeping services:
- Cleaning of bathrooms
- Cleaning of linoleum flooring
- Spot clean carpet
- Perform laundry service.
- Perform major cleaning procedures on a scheduled basis to include the following:
- Washing of windows inside and out
- Carpet cleaning to include total extraction or spot extraction as needed.
- The moving of furniture to vacuum or extract those areas.
- Provide cleaning services in vacant apartments in preparation for new residents.
- Provide cleaning services in all the community common areas, including the tasks listed in item #1 above.
- Maintain a safe environment by: keeping the community safe, clean and comfortable; recognizing environmental safety hazards, understand the methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries; identify and follow the community’s disaster plans; describe and follow the community’s fire procedure, including the operation of fire extinguishers and ways to prevent fires; plan for the safe use and maintenance of equipment; and practice good infection control procedures.
- Identify and report any repair needs to apartment fixtures or equipment by notifying the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable of all products and chemicals used, the expected results of using them and their approximate costs.
- Know where the M.S.D.S. Manual is kept and how to use the Manual.
- May be asked to lock or unlock exterior doors.
- Under emergency situations assist with resident transfer or evacuation under the coordination of the Housekeeping Supervisor or other persons in charge.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Reports any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
In a typical (8) hour shift, Housekeepers will routinely be required to stoop, carry, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, climb, grip, reach, push and pull. Housekeepers will also occasionally be required to lift overhead, waist high and floor level. The maximum lift will be over (50) pounds. Housekeepers will also be required to use fine motor and manual dexterity skills in writing, keyboarding and grasping.