Careers at Renaissance Villages
It takes a village, now hiring local senior caregivers at one of our two senior living communities in the Murrieta. We have two senior living communities in the Murrieta and Moreno Valley areas that offer services and we’re always looking to add more staff to our Renaissance Village Family. Have a passion for making great days for seniors? We do too! We encourage you to apply to work with Renaissance Villages. We have several positions available. Look at the job listings below and submit your application and resume. If you would like to volunteer, please visit our volunteers page.
Driver – Murrieta, CA
In accordance with established company policies and procedures, is responsible for coordinating, planning and conducting the transportation for resident activity programs. This position will transport residents to and from scheduled appointments. Administrative and other support to t Director of Activities, Executive Director and residents as needed.
- Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Submit to Company and DOT physical testing and drug testing policies.
- Submit to requests to check status of State driving and licensing records at intervals determined by the company.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English at a minimum of an 8th grade proficiency.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess sufficient computer skills to be able to print documents and enter information into resident records
- positive and energetic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the LiveScan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and freedom from tuberculosis shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days following employment.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for following the Company dress code, wearing a name tag at all times and identifying self to passengers routinely, and carrying a working cell phone at all times.
- Responsible for carrying a current State Drivers’s License and know the location of insurance documentation, as well as fire extinguisher, road flares, emergency road equipment and cellular phone and demonstrate the proper usage of this equipment.
- Responsible for familiarity with transportation of disabled persons and adhering to the Company policies and procedures regarding the transportation of resident in a safe manner including the use of appropriate seating restraints. Knowledgeable about wheelchair securement procedures.
- Held responsible for ensuring that smoking is prohibited in Company vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that all vehicles are kept in good condition, washed and cleaned inside and out, fuel tank remains full. Responsible for arranging and overseeing performance of vehicle maintenance.
- Responsible for immediate notification to Executive Director of any accident, damage, personal injury or behavioral incidents taking place during any trip.
- Responsible for adhering to all local or state motor vehicle laws, rules and regulations.
- Will greet residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting dignity and confidentiality standard and promote resident rights.
- Responsible for completing the Company Vehicle Trip Log at time of each trip and for completing monthly and quarterly Vehicle Inspection forms, with identified repairs or adjustments reported to the Executive Director for immediate resolution.
- Responsible for reporting any ticket or summons received, (either while driving their personal auto or while in a Company vehicle) to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for coordinating schedule with other members of the building team, coordinate outside events and activities and to meet scheduled appointments in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in training in-services, and staff meetings, as pertaining to position.
In a typical (8) hour shift, Drivers will routinely be required to stoop, carry, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, climb, grip, reach, push and pull. Drivers will also occasionally be required to lift overhead, waist high and floor level. The maximum lift will be over (50) pounds. Drivers will also be required to use fine motor and manual dexterity skills in writing, keyboarding and grasping.